In no particular order or importance, these are some of the texts the Commission is presently reading and engaged with, arranged loosely by theme. If you know of something compelling or interesting that you think we should be additionally looking at, feel free to leave a comment below.
The Role of the Humanities in Higher Education
- Andrew Delbanco, College: What it Was, Is, and Should Be
- Louis Menand, The Marketplace of Ideas: Reform and Resistance in the American University
- Martha Nussbaum, Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities
Future Trends in Theological Education / Christianity / Religion
- Diana Butler Ross, Christianity After Religion: the End of the Church and the Birth of a New Spiritual Awakening
On-line Learning / Digital and Distance Pedagogies / Virtual
- Elizabeth Drescher on social media as key to mainline Protestant Church Renewal.
- David Brooks, New York Times editorial on the online “campus tsunami”